A wine refrigerator is a great way to showcase, store, and organize your wine.
Owning an outdoor refrigerator is a must-have luxury appliance, especially during the spring and summer.
Selecting a Location in Your Home
What to Know When Buying an Outdoor Fridge
1. Select a level location that can withstand the weight of the wine cooler when fully loaded with wine.
2. Pay attention to how the wine fridge needs to exhaust. You must follow the manufacturer’s clearance guidelines to ensure it does not overheat. If the cooler is marked as freestanding, it should not be installed into cabinetry. If the wine fridge is designated for built-in installation, it can be installed under a countertop or cabinetry.
3. Install your new wine cooler where it will be out of direct sunlight. Sunlight is one of wine’s enemies and can speed up the aging process.
4. The ambient temperature of the space should also be taken into consideration. Most wine coolers can only operate within a limited ambient temperature range. The room should be insulated and maintain a steady temperature throughout the year. Most basements and garages are not properly insulated, so if you plan to install a wine refrigerator in one of these spaces, it is best to select a unit rated for outdoor use that can operate properly within a wider ambient temperature range.
5. To help your wine cooler blend in with a space, select a finish that matches existing appliances. For example, if you are installing a wine refrigerator in a kitchen with all stainless-steel appliances, select a unit that has a stainless-steel trim.
6. Your wine refrigerator will need a dedicated electrical outlet and should not be used with an extension cord.
7. While wine coolers are not noisy appliances, they have cooling systems that make noise, like a kitchen refrigerator. Install your wine cooler away from quiet spaces, like home offices or bedrooms, if noise is a concern.
The Best Room for a Wine Cooler
Add a New Wine Cooler to Your Home Today
Are you shopping for a new wine cooler? Check out our selection at www.vinotemp.com