Discover Brama Microwaves
When convenience is key, a microwave oven is a must-have. Microwaves are a popular kitchen appliance many people use to cook meals or snacks within minutes. Brama is proud to offer built-in microwave ovens that blend seamlessly into any kitchen.
What is a Microwave Oven?
Microwave ovens are compact appliances that heat food and drinks using high-frequency electromagnetic fields (or microwaves). As the electromagnetic fields are dispensed, they are absorbed by the fat, water, and sugar molecules, causing them to vibrate and produce heat. Food can be warmed in a short amount of time, much quicker than a traditional oven. Microwaves are perfect for reheating, defrosting, and steaming. Microwaves are made in multiple styles to suit different spaces.
What are the Different Types of Microwave Ovens?
Microwaves are available in a variety of types, including:
- Countertop microwaves: A countertop microwave is installed on a table or countertop and is available in various sizes and at different price points.
- Over-the-range microwaves: Used for multiple functions, the over-the-range unit serves as a microwave with a built-in ventilation system that can filter out smoke and smells. Larger in size than a countertop model, they can vent externally or circulate filtered air back into the room.
- Built-in microwaves: Installed into existing cabinetry or a wall, built-in microwaves offer the convenience of a countertop model while freeing up counter space. Built-in microwaves usually require professional installation.
- Microwave drawers: A microwave drawer can open like a drawer and is installed below a countertop. Since the microwave is placed at a lower level, they are convenient for shorter users or physically impaired users. The drawer design eliminates choosing between a right or left door swing.
- Convection microwave: A convection unit offers the convenience of a microwave with additional convection heating. The convection setting circulates hot air to cook food evenly.
Advantages of Microwave Ovens
Need more time or not a fan of cooking? A microwave is a must-have appliance for every household for many reasons. Microwaves can cook food faster than a traditional oven without emitting releasing heat into the kitchen. Since microwaves can cook quickly, they use less electricity. Microwaves are compact, making them the perfect addition to small spaces like dorms or apartments. A variety of foods can be reheated or cooked inside a microwave.
What Can be Cooked in a Microwave?
A variety of foods can be cooked in a microwave oven. Vegetables can be steamed in the microwave using a microwave-safe dish, water, and a cover. Easy desserts such as mug cakes and fudge can be made in the microwave. Grains such as oatmeal and rice can be prepared in the microwave. Scrambled and poached eggs can be made, and drinks such as coffee, tea, and hot cocoa, can all be heated in a microwave oven.
Try a Brama Microwave
A microwave is a must-have appliance for every kitchen. Available in various types, microwaves allow people to cook and reheat food at the push of a button. Do you need help selecting a Brama microwave? Contact the experts at 1-800-777-8466 today.