Discover Brama Dishwashers
Busy households need a dishwasher. Finding the right dishwasher for your kitchen can save time and resources. Read on to learn more about dishwashers by Brama.
What is a Dishwasher?
As its name implies, a dishwasher is an appliance that can clean dishes. Dishwashers are available in various finishes, including stainless steel, black, white, panel-ready, and more. To make it easy to open, dishwashers include recessed, pole, pocket, or bar handles. The digital control panel is an important dishwasher feature and may be located on the front or top of the door, allowing the user to select from different cycles.
Types of dishwashers include:
- Built-in dishwashers: This is the most common dishwasher style; it is installed under a countertop and routed to the plumbing. As it is installed into existing cabinetry, its sound is dampened.
- Integrated dishwashers: For a seamless look, an integrated unit is best. Installed by a contractor, the integrated unit blends in with existing cabinetry using panel-ready doors.
- Countertop dishwashers are so compact that they can fit on your kitchen counter. Countertop dishwashers are a great option for small space dwellers. An adapter is used to connect the unit to the kitchen sink. They can hold less than a standard dishwasher, so they are not recommended for larger households.
- Portable dishwashers: A portable dishwasher is a freestanding unit connected to the kitchen sink using an adapter. The unit can be wheeled out when in use and stored after.
- Drawer dishwashers: As their name implies, a drawer dishwasher features two drawers that can be pulled open to load and unload the dishwasher from the top.
Important Dishwasher Features
When shopping for a new dishwasher, look for these standard features to ensure you take home a reliable unit. The primary purpose of the dishwasher is to clean dishes. As such, look for a model with adjustable racking that allows you to wash cookware and tools of various sizes. Additionally, modern dishwashers should have sensors that detect how dirty your dishes are, ensuring each cycle cleans effectively. You should be able to select from different cycles that can handle everyday jobs or will carefully clean fine china. Energy efficiency is another important feature. Your new dishwasher should lower your electric bill by conserving energy. You should also be able to delay the wash cycle so it operates during non-peak hours. One common concern is noise level. Check the dBA (decibel) rating of the dishwasher you are interested in to ensure it runs at a sound level you are comfortable with.
As with any appliance, dishwashers require monthly maintenance to ensure they run efficiently. Inside each dishwasher is a food trap and filters that capture food and residues. These traps and filters should be cleaned regularly following the manufacturer’s instructions. To ensure the door gasket maintains its seal, it should be cleaned, removing dust and crumbs.
Buy a Brama Dishwasher Today
If you are ready for an efficient and high-quality dishwasher, consider a Brama. Do you need assistance selecting a dishwasher? Call our experts at 1-800-777-8466 today.